Transfer Students

A transfer student is one who has earned college units after graduating from high school or is currently earning college units. Every year students from community colleges and universities across the U.S. transfer to HIU to complete their degrees. HIU has professors who care about your personal and professional development and academic counselors who are invested in your success. Together they will partner with you in getting your units transferred and setting you up to continue earning your degree beginning in the Fall or Spring semester. Whether you have 3 units or 30, are almost finished with your degree or already have your A.A., HIU can help you earn your undergraduate degree in the field of your choice.

Learn More

Transfer Guides

Connecting with an HIU Admissions Counselor is a great way to start getting the information you need to transfer to Hope. Or you can check out our Transfer Guides which will help you figure out which classes will best transfer to HIU. Contact us if you don’t see your college listed below.

All students must demonstrate proficiency in mathematics to qualify to receive an A.A. degree or a B.A. or B.M. degree from Hope International University.

Frequently Asked Questions


How many units do I need to transfer?

Whether you've completed 3 or 30 units, you can transfer to Hope at any time!

Can I get a preliminary transcript evaluation of my transfer credit so I can get an idea of what will transfer?

You can! For a preliminary, unofficial evaluation of credit, please email copies of your unofficial transcripts, as well as your selected major, directly to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, [email protected]. Our goal is to have evaluations of credit returned to you within 48 hours!

What is the application process?

Submit an application, 350-word essay, three references, proof of high school graduation, college transcripts, and SAT/ACT scores. (SAT/ACT scores are only required if you have completed less than 24 college credits.)

Do you have a minimum GPA requirement?

Yes - 2.0

Is the ACT or SAT required?

ACT or SAT scores are required if you have not completed 24 or more college units. If you have completed 24 units, you do not need to take the ACT or SAT.

How many of my units will transfer?

Each transcript will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Check out our Transfer Guides to see which units will transfer!

HIU is a Christian university; what does this mean for me? Do you have a religion requirement?

Yes, our students take 18 units of Bible courses.We also offer weekly chapel services and small groups.

Do you have on-campus housing?

Yes! All students under 21 are required to live on campus unless they choose to live at home.

Do you accept Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) transfer certifications?

We do!

Do you have a Transfer Admissions Counselor?

Yes! Contact [email protected] or 888-352-HOPE today to speak with the Transfer Admissions Counselor.